- This firmware version will work with BOTH the original HDMI v1.4b video card AND the new HDMI 2.0b video Upgrade Board (and the interim v2 HDMI board). - This firmware update file will detect which video card is installed in your unit and install the correct firmware version. (So it MAY be installed on an XMC-1 with either version of the HDMI card installed.) If you have an older HDMI card it will install Firmware v4.1 If you have an HDMI 2.0b HDMI card it will install Firmware v5.2 - YOU CANNOT USE THIS FIRMWARE UPDATER TO INSTALL YOUR HDMI 2.0b UPGRADE BOARD! (The update procedure requires a special version of the firmware updater that is able to install the new firmware while the original HDMI board is still installed. If you are installing the HDMI 2.0b Upgrade board at home, YOU MUST USE THE SPECIAL UPGRADE FIRMWARE TO INSTALL THE BOARD; feel free to upgrade to this version later.)
We would like to remind you that we are still making improvements to the firmware.
Here are a few of the issues we are addressing and the changes that are currently planned (this list is only partial):
- We have issues with DirecTV 4k streaming in HDR (we're working on that).
- We have some issues with Oppo and Dolby Vision (we're working on that).
- We also have some issues with AppleTV 4k and Dolby Vision (we're working on that too)
- The Menu used to have an option to display one parameter in large print instead of three Info lines; that option will be coming back. - We have found a bug in the new firmware; if you have seven speakers, and play 5.1 content, PLIIx is NOT automatically used to make rear surrounds (but you can pick it manually)