Raspberry pi3's usb -> CD player DAC (analogue output 2Vrms, 98db noise floor).
Speaker with crossovers, so compression driver are certainly attenuate to match the woofers.
There's a small hiss at max volume which is clearly audible at listening spot. But don't think it can be heard with music (I won't try it lol). If I turn the volume down, let say from 5 o'clock to 3 1/3 o'clock hiss still present but not audible at listening space.
Minidsp has a better noise floor than my DAV (102db)
Looks promising. If there's no hiss at listening space it should be all good.
Here's the response from Emotiva about the volume pot:
The A-100 has an all analog path...the potentiometer in the unit would be analog as well. Given the control on the unit, if you are wanting to do precise level calibration, the best way to do so would be via an SPL meter.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions or we can help you further. Grayson Harper Customer Care Specialist Emotiva Audio Corporation 615 790-6754 www.emotiva.com
99% chance of it being a regular carbon potentiometer. Find value by measure with a DVM Replace with a stepper of same value with 1% or better resistors. Do the Math.
Magnepan MG1.6qr HSU Research VTF-2 MK3 2x Parasound A23 Parasound P5 Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus Sony PS3 x4 @3foot runs of 10ga Belden speaker wire. GRADO SR80e on-ear headphones iMac as music server (2009) Panamax 5510 w/) ISO transformer LG 65" B6 OLED display