After years of frustration trying to connect my DC-1 thru USB to my Windows PC , I finally gave up. I have it connected through optical. I tried multiple USB ports , multiple USB cables. I even went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 to try and get my DC-1 connected through USB. It would connect for a few days and then start to drop off then finally I could not get it to connect at all. Windows would not recognize the DC-1. I would also Love an answer to this issue. To my ears my DC-1 sounds much better when connected through USB.
Onkyo TX-NR818 (using as pre - pro) Stealth DC-1 DAC Audioquest DragonFly-Jitterbug Sherbourn PA 5-200 HTPC (WMC / MyMovies / JRiver Media Center) - Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card R&L Mains JBL Cherry L890s Center JBL Cherry LC2 Surrounds JBL Cherry L820s Sub JBL Cherry ES 250 PW Media Server WHS 2011 10TB Storage TT Vestax BDT-2500 Panasonic GT-25 50 inch plasma Panasonic DMP - BDT100 Dish VIP 222 Belkin PF 30
Yep that USB cable could be it. I never exceed a meter and I never use anything really exotic either in a cable. Allot of those cables don't work either. Also I never go through a hub, powered or otherwise though some DACs don't care. USB is great but in some cases a pain too.
You can't be brave to succeed unless you are not afraid to fail.
Post by newbluesman on Mar 17, 2019 9:43:06 GMT -5
The USB input in my DC1 stopped working last night. The unit functions fine through all other inputs, but USB is dead to any and all sources (which include multiple Raspberry Pis plus a laptop, a NUC running ROCK, a Beaglebone Black, and a Parasound Zphono USB). I've been using the same (and shortest available) Audioquest USB cable since I got my Stealth new when they first came out, so I tried a new cable without effect. Is there anything I can / should be doing to check it out and possibly get it back up and working? I love this device!! Thanks!
Sorry to bump an old thread, but maybe someone will find it useful to know that the chip replacement solved the problem for me. I ordered it online and replaced it yesterday. The chip is C-Meida CM6631A.
Post by donmobliano on Apr 29, 2019 19:11:25 GMT -5
For me I lose USB connectivity to my DC-1 after I have my machine powered off for more than about 15 minutes, like to move the computer around or install a new video card. When I plug everything back in and turn it on, Windows doesn't recognize the that there is a USB audio device attached at all. If I let it sit for a few hours it magically detects the DC-1 USB audio device out of nowhere and my audio starts working again.
This started happening to me when Microsoft released the RS5 update to Windows 10, and I have had it happen to both my setups at home and at work (both using a DC-1 connected via USB). I'm guessing the root cause is something in Windows 10 RS5 (1809) and up.